Saturday, February 27, 2010

Back in Islamorada

We left Marathon at first light yesterday in order to get to an Islamorada marina before another front arrives with high winds. This is starting to get old! But my mother in Delaware and our son Dave, in Philly, are also saying that about the unusual round of snowstorms they've seen this year. Global weirding!

My first activity on shore was to give myself a haircut. Seriously, I was that desperate. The only other woman in the ladies shower room had a skeptical look on her face as I started chopping an inch off the sides and top. I handed Pete the scissors when I got back to the boat and asked him to trim the back. He kindly obliged, after saying "You have a mullet; all business up front; all party out back." Then we went out to dinner, since I now looked more groomed!

We rented a car and drove down to Duck Key and up to Key Largo today, looking at the waters we had sailed through and the bridges we had sailed under from a different perspective. Kinda strange.

Winds were perfect for the many kiteboarders out for a thrill. Enjoyed lunch at Green Turtle Inn, some shopping for Brody's upcoming first birthday, and dinner at Marker 88.

Another beautiful sunset last night from Founder's Park's Plantation Yacht Harbor:


Islamorada Sunsets


No comments:

Post a Comment