Saturday, April 3, 2010

Why we like the Florida Intracoastal Waterway


Lots of fellow sailors choose to "go outside" into the ocean and bypass the Intracoastal Waterway in the more "congested" areas. But we chose to see this stretch of the ICW from Fort Lauderdale to Fort Pierce TWICE--on our way to the Keys and now home again! Why? Because it's like being immersed in "Architectural Digest" for a few days, wowing one home after another. You can even peer inside some of them.

I still don't know how all these folks made the $$$ to build and maintain these homes. True, some are modest and don't have "For Sale" signs in front of them. But some come complete with yard sculptures, infinity pools, more glass than I'd ever want to Windex, and mega-landscaping.

I get bored on long ocean legs, because I whine about "there's nothing to look at" and "it's too bouncy to read." So I'm in my glory when there's lots of "eye candy." And there's an abundance of that here.

Captain Pete is tired of hearing about Palladian windows, columns, and solar panels.
Typical homes in Fort Lauderdale

No comments:

Post a Comment